Student Management Services

Current notice

We look forward to welcoming you back in person at our service point starting Monday, October 11, 2021. Please note the information about our personal service on this page.  

Student Registry

The Student Registry is the first point of contact for all interdisciplinary administrative questions about your studies. Among other things, it handles application and admission procedures, enrollment, re-registration, leaves of absence and changes in subjects and degree programs.

Application, Admission and Enrollment

See our “Application, Admission and Enrollment” portal for all issues concerning applications, admission and enrollment, as well as information about numerus clausus (NC) figures. When applying for admission, use our application guide.

Our additional services

Leaves of absence

If you wish to pause your studies, you may request a leave of absence, subject to certain conditions.


If you wish to discontinue your studies at the University of Bonn, you should deregister as a student.

Lost documents

Lost your student ID? See here for information on how to retrieve your most important documents.

Data changes

Please notify the Student Registry immediately regarding any changes in your personal data (e.g. name, address).


If you wish to continue your studies at the University of Bonn, you must re-register each semester.

Documentation of studies

If you need to document your studies at the University of Bonn for government agencies or institutions, use the following documents.

Changing subjects

If you wish to switch to a different subject, you should submit your request before the re-registration deadline.

Changing universities

If you are enrolled in a state examination program in a higher study semester, it may be possible to permanently exchange places with a student at another university under certain conditions.


This section provides all the Student Registry forms you may need to take care of everything related to your student status.

Accident insurance

Did you have an accident related to your studies?

In this case, you are covered by statutory accident insurance and required to report your accident to the university.

Legalization of documents

If you want to use documents issued by the University of Bonn in another country, you usually need to have them legalized.


Student Registry

Postal address
University of Bonn
Section 1.3 - Studierendensekretariat
53012 Bonn

Office address
Poppelsdorfer Allee 49
53115 Bonn

Walk-in office hours Service Point

Mondays - Fridays  
09.00 am - 12.00 am

01:00 pm - 04:00 pm

The Service Point is located directly in the foyer of Poppelsdorfer Allee 49.

Telephone office hours

Mondays - Fridays
09.00 am – 12.00 am

02.00 pm - 04.00 pm 

+49 228 73 4464/4491

Getting here by bus and tram

The Student Registry is located close to the bus/tram stations “Hauptbahnhof Bonn” and “Poppelsdorfer Allee.”

Getting here by bicycle

You can leave your bicycle at the designated bicycle stands located on the parking lot behind our building.

Getting here by car

We recommend using the parking garages in the city center and then walking to Poppelsdorfer Allee. Persons with special needs and families with small children can park directly behind our building after prior arrangement.

Wird geladen