Statistic: International students
The following data give an overview on the distribution of international students at Bonn University.
4.780 or 12,9% of the 36.947 students at the University of Bonn are international students from 139 countries. In comparison to the most other German universities, the University of Bonn lies far ahead in its proportion of international students. About 2.86 million students from around the world study in Germany in the winter semester 2016/17 (source: Statista 12.2016), at 426 colleges/acedemies and of these 106 are universities.Of 32.167 German students at the University of Bonn are 17.861 women and 14.306 men. Also at foreign students predominate women with 2.644 (55,3 %) compared with 2.136 male students.
- Total number of students and the ratio of international students:
- 1.496 EU citizens (883 female / 613 male) - 3.284 non EU citizens (1.761 female / 1.523 male)
- Of our international students are:
- Countries with more than 100 students
- Target degree of our foreign students
- The most popular study subjects with more than 100 foreign students
- The ratio of foreign students in the faculties