International Promovieren in Bonn - for all (IPID4all)
Since December 2014, the internationalization of the Bonn International Graduate Schools (BIGS) has been reinforced by the project “International promovieren in Deutschland – für alle” (IPID4all). The program is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst, DAAD). Its measures are designed for all doctoral researchers at the University of Bonn, but particularly the BIGS doctoral candidates.
Current Calls with Deadline January 31, 2017
- Stipends to invite international supervisors take part in bi-national doctorate proceedings as part of the IPID4all program promoted by the DAAD. Please find the call here and submit your application by January 31 here.
- Support for doctoral workshops as part of the IPID4all program promoted by the DAAD. Please find the call here and submit your application by January 31 here.
- Stipends to invite research alumni back to the University of Bonn for a research stay within the Bonn Researcher-Alumni Strategy. Please find the call hereand submit your application by January 31 here.
- Funding of the participation in international conferences by doctoral researchers. Please find the call here and submit your application by January 31 here.
The BIGS internationalization strategy is based on the conviction that internationalization will further improve academic quality assurance, as well as the qualifications of doctoral researchers. At the same time, the strategy recognizes a recent trend towards differentiation of subject-specific doctoral cultures and individual motivations for earning a doctorate.
Therefore the BIGS internationalization strategy pursues two complementary approaches:
Shared internationalization goals
The internationalization strategy for the participating graduate schools pursues three shared goals:
- Qualifying young academics from Bonn for international careers by building international networks: In order to achieve this goal, IPID4all supports research stays and conference participation for doctoral researchers, strengthens international networks in Bonn and promotes bi-national doctorates.
- Increasing the international attractiveness of the University of Bonn by creating ideal conditions for international doctoral researchers: This goal is pursued through measures that improve the recruitment of outstanding international doctoral researchers, as well as through workshops and seminar offerings that are specifically tailored to the needs of international doctoral researchers.
- Expanding international collaborations with outstanding international cooperation partners: To successfully achieve this goal, joint academic activities with international partners will be increased and the internationalization strategy will continuously be evaluated.
We have set up a Coordination Office at the Bonn Graduate Center to coordinate these measures.
Poppelsdorfer Allee 47
+49 228 73-60140