Master of Education
Market and Consumption

Market and Consumption

Market and Consumption is studied as a Minor Professional Discipline in combination with the Major Professional Discipline Nutrition Science and Home Economics, in the degree program Master of Education for vocational schools.

The teaching degree for vocational schools combines a professional discipline with a school subject and educational sciences. The practical semester is a centerpiece of the degree program.

For further information please see the website of the major professional discipline Nutrition Science and Home Economics (MEd).


Possible lines of work:

Teaching at schools

For other possible lines of work, please refer to the Nutrition Sciences (MSc) degree program.

Open admission
Master of Education
Vocational School (Small Professional Specialisation)
4 Semester
Winter semester
Summer semester

Examination Regulations (German versions are legally binding)

University degree (German or non-German) in a relevant discipline

German language proficiency (DSH level 3, CEFR level C2, as per DSH exam. regulations)

Other language skills: Foreign language (modern language on CEFR level A2 or qualification in Latin/Greek)

Specific modules: 95 ECTS credits for subject knowledge/subject didactics modules in the major professional discipline (with 6 ECTS credits for subject didactics) | 39 ECTS credits for the minor professional discipline | 24 ECTS credits for educational sciences (with 3 ECTS credits for the topic of inclusion; aptitude and orientation internship as well as vocational internship) | Bachelor's thesis 7 ECTS credits

At the University of Bonn, multilingualism and cultural diversity are considered to be valuable resources that complement subject-specific qualifications. This is why, in addition to curricular language modules, students have access to a diverse range of language-learning offers, including the independent-study offers at the Center for Language Learning (Sprachlernzentrum, SLZ) in which they can autonomously learn a foreign language or enhance existing language skills. Furthermore, students can apply for the “Certificate of Intercultural Competence” free of charge, which promotes extra-curricular and interdisciplinary activities of international or intercultural nature.

Wird geladen