You are here: Home Studying International Students Erasmus FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Here you can find the answers!

FAQ Studierende (Foto: Frank Homann / Universität Bonn)



  • As an Erasmus student you can apply for a reasonably priced dorm room at the Studierendenwerk Bonn. However, you can also apply for a room in one of the private dormitories or look for housing in the private sector.
    As it is not easy to find an accomodation in Bonn due to high demand, we advise you to apply for student dormitories and search on the private market at the same time. You can find more information and tips here.



  • What do I study?
    Here, you can find information on currently offered programs, semester dates, the Learning Agreement, credit points and the language requirements for your courses.


  • Who is my Erasmus Departmental Coordinator?

    Your Erasmus Departmental Coordinator can help you with all academic matters. They sign your confirmation of arrival/stay and are in charge of setting up the learning agreement. For contact details, check this list.



  • How can I extend my stay?
    Here you can find information on all formalities that have to be fulfilled for an extended stay in Bonn. Please note that the maximum duration of stay as an exchange student is one year.


If you have given the address of the international office during the enrollment, or if you have a new address in general, you will be able to change it  in BASIS.


If you are staying two semesters at the University of Bonn, you will be able to check if your social fee has reached the university or if there is any remaining amount that you still need to pay. 


You need a certificate of enrolment? That is no problem! You can solicit the certificate online via BASIS and print it out anytime.  

Life in Bonn






  • How do I use the platforms and WiFi of the University of Bonn?

    As soon as you are enroled at the University of Bonn you can use the platforms available for students, such as: BASIS, e-Campus and Communigate (university email), as well as use the internet on campus. Moreover, you also have the capability to log into the universitie's system from home and get access to online databases and more!



Document Actions