You are here: Home Studying International Students Erasmus Before your Arrival

Before your Arrival

Foto: Copyright © Dr. Thomas Mauersberg

On these pages you will find important information on what you should do before your arrival in Bonn. Please do not hesitate to contact the International Office if you have any questions.

Application at the University of Bonn

 You need to register online before our deadlines (May 15th for winter term/November 1st  for summer term) and send the print of the registration signed by your University to the responsible Erasmus-departmental coordinator here in Bonn. more...


Learning Agreement

Ahead of your arrival in Bonn, you should fix the courses that you will take in Bonn. Please consult your home university and your Erasmus departmental co-ordinator in Bonn to do so. For all questions concerning your Learning Agreement etc, please contact your Erasmus departmental co-ordinator.  more...

Registering for a semester course of German language

In order to complement your regular courses, the University of Bonn (with ProIntegration e.V.) offers German language courses for Erasmus-students during the semester.


Finding accommodation

Erasmus-students have the possibility to apply at the Studentenwerk for a reasonably priced room in a student dormitory. Our website also gives you information to facilitate the search of private accommodation. more... 

Tenancy contract

If you can be offered a room in one of the dormitories, the necessary documents to sign will be sent to you before your arrival. They should be sent back before your arrival as well. Please check the length of your contract again. For more information see also our FAQs on the Studentenwerk.

If you find a room or flat on the private market, you will also have to sign a tenacy contract and pay a deposit.
But be careful: Do not pay a deposit before having seen the flat or having signed a contract. If this is asked of you, this might be an attempt of fraud. Further information can be found on our Info Sheet on Private Housing.

Budget, Health Insurance and Visa

Please note our information on costs of living in Bonn.

In order to study in Germany you need health insurance.

Students who do not come from EU member states need a visa for Germany.

Arrival & Orientation

Document Actions