The help desk of the International Office offers counseling and support for international students and PhD candidates - with an admission to study at the University of Bonn - concerning the following issues:
- pre-departure information * - see first Before studying
- Problem-solving strategies - for matriculated students
- questions concerning your stay and your studies - see also During your studies
- accompaniment to administrations (see also Welcome Servicew below)
- advice on our support service options
- information on living and working in Germany
* Please note, the International Office is not responsible for the application- and admission procedure! For questions in this matter please contact:
- for Bachelor- /State examination degree the Studentensekretariat (registrar´s office)
- for Master Degree the academic department responsible for the respective course of studies (list of Master degree courses / (English-language) International degree programs).
- Welcome Service for Master and PhD students
On arrival and for your first steps at the University of Bonn, we offer - for Master students and Ph.D. candidates without German language proficiencies - a Welcome Service. Within the first few days/weeks after arrival we will assist you - on request - at the necessary administrative procedures:
► signing the lease (payment of the first month´s rent/security deposit) at the "Studierendenwerk Bonn" (for a room in a student residence hall)
► registration at the registration authority of Bonn
► opening of a bank account
► take out an health-care insurance
► enrolling at the University of Bonn
► and contacting the immigration office for your residence permit.
► the welcome service includes - in case of a handicap (e. g. physical disability) - your pick up from the train- or bus station in Bonn and the accompaniment to the dorm (student hall of residence) or other accommodation facilities (other than a hotel).
You will be accompanied by students from the University of Bonn, which arrange a date for support or the service will be carried out in small groups (e.g. at the start of the winter term). Please bear in mind, the Welcome Service is only partially available at arrival times outside normal working hours (e.g. weekend/statutory holidays such as the 3rd of October!).
For further information, please contact the address below.
Michael R. Becker
Poppelsdorfer Allee 53, Zi. 1.004
phone: 0228 / 73-4407
Monday 10-12:30 a.m., Tuesday-Friday 9-12:30 a.m.
Thursday 13:30-15:30 p.m.