Information for International Students
Welcome to the University of Bonn!
The University of Bonn is one of Germany's most prestigious universities and also ranked among the top hundred in the world (rank 48, THE Ranking, categorie "The World's Most International Universities" 2017). Proportionately we have nearly 13 percent foreign students from approx.140 countries, it means in effect every eighth student! That is not a coincidence, the University of Bonn offers international students a wide range of education and training possibilities, in a high quality economic region and comfortable environment for life and living.
On the following pages, you will find information about studying or the study-abroad programs at the University of Bonn, as well as relevant hints on how to improve your German and/or to acquire intercultural experiences and competencies.
Degree and Ph.D. Programs
- Are you interested in one of our undergraduate or graduate degree programs? You can submit an application in about 200 study subjects at the University of Bonn, see -
- Would you like to study at the University of Bonn in one of Bonn's specially designed International Programs (BA, MA, PhD)? These programs are taught in English or in a bilingual setting, see -
- You already have a degree and would like to undertake doctoral research at the University of Bonn, as a -
Short-Term, Exchange and Study-Abroad Programs
Would you like to spend part of your studies in Bonn? You can come to Bonn for a whole year, a semester or for only a few weeks with one of our many programs, such as:
To see a complete listing of the programs we offer, please click here.
German Language Courses
The University of Bonn offers international students different possibilities to improve and extend their German skills.
Support measure for refugees
The FdIS („Förderung der Integration in das Studium“) program is meant to offer suitable refugees, in a largely non-bureaucratic way and free of charge, the opportunity of taking up a “pre-study” course at the University of Bonn, which prepares them for possible enrolment to studies and integrates them into the academic environment.
Experiencing German Culture
Intercultural exchange is part of "Campus International" at the University of Bonn. Students have many opportunities for gaining intercultural experiences and skills! Discover our additional and colorful offerings for international students, such as:
- International Club: Homepage / Facebook
- Study Buddy / Facebook
- Certificate of International Competence
...or in language tandems and in student clubs and initiatives or the like.