You are here: Home Studying Before your studies Application & Admission Local admission restriction (Uni Bonn)

Local admission restriction (Uni Bonn)

  • For every single subject (within a degree program) with local admission restriction, a separate application is mandatory!
  • Please note that when chosing a Bachelor that requires the combination of two subjects (Dual Subject Bachelor, Major, Minor, Teaching Degree) applicants have to apply and get admission for both subjects in order to be able to start their studies.
  • Applicants can apply for as many subjects and degree programs as they like.
  • The application process usually does not require the sending of documents by post.  

Information for applicants with foreign certificates

Is your higher education entrance qualification sufficient?

  • If you are treated equally to German applicants, please make sure that your higher education entrance qualification is sufficient for your desired degree program. Detailed information of admission and rating of your certificate can be found on

Documents that must be submitted in certified and translated format

  • Applicants without a German higher education entrance qualification have to submit their Secondary school leaving certificate in officially certified format.
  • Certificates that are not issued in German, English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

Proficiency in German

  • In order to be able to begin their studies, foreign applicants who have not obtained their higher education entrance qualification at a German or German-speaking school must prove their proficiency in German during enrollment. 






Please note: This English page is for basic information purposes only. Legally binding information is found on the German webpages.

Document Actions