You are here: Home Studying Before your studies Application & Admission bewerbergruppe-eu-ewr

Applicants from the EU / EEC

Applicants from Germany or  EU / EEC states with a foreign higher education entrance qualification.

How to apply for a slot:

  1. Start by identifying which admission process is used for the course of studies you want to apply for. You will find this information in the Studienangebot (Catalog) in the 3rd column of the "Admission into the 1st semester" table.
  2. Next, select the appropriate admission process for your course of studies.
  3. As a foreign applicant who is treated like a German one ("educational resident") please find out whether your secondary school certificate also entitles you to begin the course of studies of your choice in Germany. You can find detailed information about the recognition and evaluation of foreign educational certificates at
  4. Applicants without a German higher education entrance qualification must submit their certificates in an officially certified format.
  5. We can accept certificates issued in English or French; all other languages will require officially certified translation.
  6. In order to begin their studies, foreign applicants who have not received their higher education entrance qualification from a German or German-language school must provide

proof of sufficient proficiency in German.

The DSH 2 is waived for those who can provide one of the proofs listed in § 1 (4) of the DSH-Prüfungsordnung (exam regulations) such as

  • German Abitur
  • Deutsches Sprachdiplom (Stufe II) from the Kultusministerkonferenz (DSD II)
  • Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung (ZOP) of the Goethe-Institut, or the Goethe-Zertifikat
  • C1, Goethe-Zertifikat C2
  • Zertifikat telc Deutsch C1
  • Kleines / Großes Sprachdiplom of the Goethe-Institut on behalf of Ludwigs-Maximilians-Universität München
  • TestDaF Stufe 4 in all 4 sub-areas:
  • Feststellungsprüfung from a German Studienkolleg.



Select an admission process

Courses of study not requiring admission

Please note:

The pre-registration does not replace the personal enrollment.

Link-Pfeil.png Pre-registration starts in August


Local admission restriction (NC)

Local admission restriction (DoSV)
  • Rechtswissenschaft (StEx)
  • Psychologie (B.Sc.)
    (Psychology) (start: only in winter semesters)
  • Biologie (B.Sc.)
    (Biology) (start: only winter semesters)
  • Volkswirtschaftslehre (B.Sc.)
Link-Pfeil.png Application process starts in June


Local admission restriction (special selection processes)
  • Deutsch-Französische Studien (B.A.)
    (German-French Studies) (start: only in winter semesters)
    Link-Pfeil.png Apply
  • Deutsch-Italienische Studien (B.A.)
    (German-Italian-Studies) (start: only in winter semesters)
    Link-Pfeil.png Apply
  • Molekulare Biomedizin (B.Sc.)
    (Molecular biomedicine) (start: only in winter semesters)
    Link-Pfeil.png Apply

Local admission restriction (Orts-NC Uni Bonn)

All courses of study which are marked in the Studienangebot (Catalog) with an "Orts-NC" except the above listed courses from the other groups (DoSV / special selection processes).

  • Please note:

    • Each major in a course of studies model requires a separate application.
    • You may apply for as many courses of studies as you like.

Link-Pfeil.png Application starts in June



Nationwide admission restriction (AntOn)
  • Pharmazie (StEx) (starts in the winter/ summer semester)
  • Medizin (StEx) (starts only in the winter semester)
  • Zahnmedizin (StEx)  (starts only in the winter semester)
Link-Pfeil.png Apply


Please note: This English page is for basic information purposes only. Legally binding information is found on the German webpages.


Document Actions