You are here: Home International Going Abroad Research and Teach Abroad

Research and Teach Abroad

Titelbild - Forschen Ausland.jpg

Stays abroad for the purposes of performing research and teaching are essential for an academic career. There are various funding opportunities available for researchers in Germany to go abroad, which we would like to present you on this website:

Research Abroad

Here is a list of various funding programs. Please note that we only list programs with information provided in English. For a more comprehensive survey on German research funding institutions, please consult the German version of this site.

International researchers may be eligible to apply for funding even if no information in English is provided.

Teach Abroad

  • The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports short and longterm teaching positions abroad.
  • Junior researchers can gain international teaching experience by applying for a position as teaching assitant in the fields of Germanic Studies/German as a Foreign Language or in the framework of the DAAD Lectureship Program.
  • The Robert Bosch Stiftung’s Lectureship Program supports scholarship holders who teach German as a foreign language and carry out educational projects at universities in Eastern Europe and Asia.
  • The Erasmus Lectureship Program (Intranet, in German only) supports guest lectureships at universities in Erasmus program or partner countries. Guest lectureres are supposed to strenghten the European dimension of the guest university, to contribute to the local curriculum and share their expertise with students not willing or able to study abroad.


The European mobility network EURAXESS provides information and assistance for researchers who are planning a research stay in another European country. You can find more than 500 local EURAXESS Service Centers all over Europe which are at your site for planning a stay abroad.

Document Actions