You are here: Home International Advice and Contact Welcome Center for International Researchers Formalities Visiting Researcher Card

Visiting Researcher Card

Ausweis - Titelbild.jpg

International researchers at the University of Bonn, who do not have a work contract with the university, can obtain a "Visiting Researcher Card" at the Welcome Center for International Researchers.

The card serves as a proof of authorization to

  • use the University and State Library ("ULB")
  • use the canteens and cafés of the Bonn Student Services ("Studierendenwerk Bonn") 
  • participate in University Sports ("Hochschulsport").

At the library and canteens, please kindly show your visiting researcher card at the respective information desk. If you are interested in participating in University Sports, please follow the instructions here.

You can obtain the visiting researcher card anytime during your research stay by simply requesting it through [Email protection active, please enable JavaScript.].

Questions? Please don't hesitate to contact us.

Document Actions