You are here: Home International Advice and Contact Welcome Center for International Researchers Family Family Visa Procedure

Family Visa Procedure

Familiennachzug - Titelbild.jpg


The University of Bonn is a family-friendly university and is happy to assist you with having your family join you in Bonn. Depending on your country of citizenship, your family will also need a visa and residence permit to stay in Bonn. Please let us know as soon as possible if your family will be coming to Bonn, so we can help you prepare and address the required formalities. Please note that it can take 8-12 weeks or even longer to get a visa.

First, find out if your family will need to apply for a visa. Check the website of your German diplomatic mission for information on the exact visa requirements and visa regulations. In case your family does need a visa or a residence permit, please note that the Immigration Office in Bonn only accepts certificates of marriage or birth certificates (in German or an English translation) with apostille or a legalization of a German diplomatic mission.

The Welcome Center will advise and assist you with having your family join you in Bonn.

Further Information:

Document Actions